The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Years Departed

I just finished looking at the photos of people who departed this year. We all depart you know, and following the departure there is an arrival. I was wondering where they arrived? It is not up to me to say, but I can say we all go somewhere. That is my conclusion and I am sticking with it. There is much evidence supporting this conclusion if you just take the time to look at it. As a pastor for thirty nine years, I have watched people die and people of faith do it with great grace. One does not have to wonder where the Grace comes from. The important thing is to put your faith in what is True. Faith is not some blind leap into the dark unknown certainty of eternity. It has a solid history. Real faith is based on Truth. Faith is not for the weak minded or the thoughtless. Real faith comes from a thoughtful investigation. It is a conclusion one comes to after examining the facts. The fact is Jesus Christ is the most unique person in human history. His claims about Himself make him the greatest gift to the world or the worst impostor the world had ever known. What astonishes me is how many so called educated people have never taken the time to investigate for themselves. They let someone else do their thinking for them on this matter. It is too important an issue to trash. If the atheist is right then it doesn’t matter. The departure is all there is to it. Nothing is true because he says it is truth. We don’t get to make truth. Nothing is untrue because I say it is untrue. Truth stands on its own legs and they are strong legs. Strong enough to support a world.
What is true is, Jesus lived, secular history confirms this.
What is true is, Jesus had much to say about our departure and destination.
What is true is, If you want to go to Heaven don’t take the wrong flight.

2 comments:

  1. Words of wisdom... I want my final spiritual flight to have an arrival wherever my physical Jesus is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the atheist is right, then NOTHING matters. I don't see how anyone could live believing that everything that exists is just a bunch of physical goo. No such thing as truth. No such thing as love. No such thing as right or wrong. Only cells, and brain matter, and organic stimulus / response. How could anyone live with that philosophy?

    We know that there is much more to "life" than that. And this physical existance only hints at the wonder that is to come.

    ReplyDelete