The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Monday, December 14, 2009

Still Standing

As I walked this morning I encountered an obstacle in my path. A dead tree had fallen across it. It could not withstand the high winds of adversity which blew a couple of days ago. Death is rigid, life is flexible, sunflowers follow the sun until death sets in.
When the winds of adversity blow in our lives His Life in us keeps us standing when others are uprooted. Oh Lord, put your life in us, the LIFE which will enable us to stand against the wiles of the enemy. Keep us connected to the Divine Vine so each branch can wave a Hallelujah in the middle of life’s storms.
Ps 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN! Great devotional brother. I just told our board that you are our Lordship speaker next November.

    ReplyDelete