The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Now Time

New Years Eve and my brother called to ask if I was going to stay up and welcome the New Year in. I told him that I had just watched the news and that the New Year was already being celebrated in Australia. I have decided to go on what I call NOW time. If the New Year was being celebrated right NOW in other parts of the world then it is NOW here where I am. Now time is not tied to the clock or the sun but to the SON. Now time is not tied to day or night or to the name of a month. It is just NOW. Maybe that helps explain eternity. God always lives on NOW time. The past is NOW to Him and the future is NOW to Him. There is no time in eternity. No clocks or calendars in Heaven , Just NOW.
"NOW are we the son’s of God” the word says. Not we were, or will be, but NOW. It is difficult to think of an eternal NOW, but a God who has to live by a calendar is too small for me. I need a God bigger than the clock, a God who stands apart from day and night. Whatever is up the road for me is in the NOW of God. No surprises with Him. This thing of measuring our lives by past, present and future can leave us a bit confused. What is important is the reality of the moment. Relationship with God is a NOW thing. We can’t live on what was or what will be. The joy comes from NOW. It is not even about today but NOW. NOW I am enjoying the forgiveness of Christ. NOW He sits beside my Father interceding for me. NOW I am enjoying His grace and mercy. NOW I have a home in heaven with HIM. NOW I don’t have to worry because I live in the eternal NOW of God.
Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God who are the called according to His purpose.” No wonder the Word declares, “There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.” Rest in His completed work. JFS

4 comments:

  1. "NOW" that was an encouraging read! Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it brothers, Life is just a pile of moments. God willing mine will soon be a 71 year old pile. Oh Lord, give us grace for the moment.jfs

    ReplyDelete