The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Friday, February 26, 2010

The Glorious Future Part 2

Joh 14:2 "In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 17:24 "Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.
(NKJV)
Some say the future is unknown but that is not true, “I go to prepare a place for you” is a promise our Lord gives to all of us. My imagination runs free when it comes to “what the Lord has prepared for those who love Him,” but my heart longs to see Him most of all. I really don’t care so much about where it is as I do about just being with Him. He has been with me for many years now, walked with me through some painful times and loved me with a love which would not let me go, but there is this veil of flesh which we all wear and to have it torn away will be a glorious thing. Paul speaks of it as a dark glass which is not easy to see through. The Jesus of the New Testament is our Father revealing Himself as our Savior offering forgiveness to sinful hearts. Jesus said, “he that has seen me has seen the Father,” so our Father wants us to come home. Jesus looked forward to our home coming, "Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me;” It is hard for us to conceive that the Jesus of Jerusalem is the WORD creating the earth in Genesis one. “The WORD became flesh and dwelt among us.” He looks forward to our coming home where we will get a better look at Who He really is. Get ready for some big surprises. jfs

1 comment: