The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mud Puddles


I must admit, most of the time I think of myself as a child. At seventy-one the reality is I am a father and a grandfather with the prospects of being a great-grandfather. Scary stuff! A few years back my youngest son called me after I was in bed, he was in trouble, not with the law but with some mud puddles. He had just gotten his first four wheel drive truck and had decided to try it out at the local mud hole, a place near the river where all the locals enjoyed the challenge of who could survive the course of doom. The call began with an apology. An apology for doing such a stupid thing to an almost new truck. So happens I also had a four wheel drive truck and after gathering everything I could think of that we might possibly need, droopy eyed, I headed to the local mud hole to rescue an embarrassed son. At the time I was not happy about the prospects of slopping around in the mud, rescuing a son who had done such a dumb thing. Looking back on it all I remember the good feeling of being a father, helping my child in trouble. I remember that he just could not stop thanking me for coming to his rescue.  My Father has rescued me over and over again. Seems that every life has its mud holes. We get stuck and can’t get out of the mess so we call on Father.  He is in the rescuing business. Just call on Him, you won’t wake Him, He never sleeps. The truth is, He has been watching you spin your wheels all the time and has been waiting for your call. He will help you, He loves you. Your big problems are not big to Him. He has no problems and you have no problems He can’t solve. He may ask you to take your hands off, to let go, but He is waiting for your call. In the light of who He is and of eternity, we are all children. Your heart may be covered in mud, but He will wash you and make you clean. You were not made for mud puddles but for the river of life. He invites you to come and live in the flow of His Divine Purpose. Your Father is waiting for your call. jfs
Romans 11:36

4 comments:

  1. A classic. This blog entry will be a keeper for the ages. My heart cried out "ABBA, FATHER," yes, "DADDY, DADDY" and He rescued me from the deep, miry, clay -- yes, took me out of my mud puddle and put me in His River of Life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good thoughts. I forwarded this on to my brother Bobby. Maybe it will start him to thinking. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm forever grateful to have a heavenly Father to rescue me, wash me clean, and is always there. What a wonderful posting....thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen Brother! I've lived in the mud holes and step in again every now and then but God continues to clean me up even to remove the stains. Only my memories remain. God is a faithful Rescuer!

    ReplyDelete