The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spiritual Tracks

Another way to say it is, Spiritual Footprints. Our lives do leave evidence that we have passed by. Recently in a worship service my pastor asked me to pray for a friend who will soon be going to Iraq. As I prayed for him, a new thought came into my mind, “Lord help him to leave spiritual tracks everywhere he goes.” Of course the first thing we prayed for was his protection. We asked that God’s grace and mercy would go before him. In thinking about the prayer, I realize that what we often think of is survival, just making it to the finish line, or in his case, finishing the tour of duty, but the truth is we are called to be salt and light in our world. The Lord uses our lives to touch other lives and that influence can linger long after we have gone home. I am thankful for all the spiritual tracks, or footprints if you prefer, that my father, mother and grandparents left for me. Spiritual tracks are important, they help us find our way. They are about the power of lingering influence. If you and I had to cross a desert that you had never crossed, it sure would be nice to find footprints of someone who had already made it successfully. We all leave spiritual footprints everywhere we go, and making sure they point in the right direction is very important. Jfs

Re 14:13 Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, "Write: 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.'" "Yes," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them."
(NKJV)

2 comments:

  1. Baa. Baa. Thanks for leading us sheep to good food. "MAY ALL WHO COME BEHIND US FIND US FAITHFUL!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking in the steps of the faithful and making a few of my own too. That's the mission and the call.

    ReplyDelete