The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Three Birthdays

This is the day I celebrate my birthday which happened 72 years ago. Thanks Mama, you are the one who paid the price of my physical birth. Your love and care will never be forgotten. Dad, your example of faith and hard work have inspired me on my journey. I had a second birthday in 1953 when I was birthed into the Kingdom of God and it was Jesus Christ who suffered to make that birth possible. Now I look forward to my third birthday when I shall exit the womb of this small world into His glorious presence. At 72 I am in the birth canal and the labor pains have begun, but the “momentary suffering” will be forgotten when I take my first breath of the pure air of Heaven. “But as it is written: Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him." 1Co 2:9 jfs

4 comments:

  1. You can look forward to that "third birthday" but let's not rush it. 72 is not that old. Moses was just getting started good at that age. Abraham hadn't even had his first child!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday young man! I don't consider you old...BTW: I'm looking forward to the 13th of March when you share God's Word with our congregation for the first time. The first of MANY!!! Enjoy my friend...Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete