The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Friday, February 25, 2011

More Saints Please

There are moments in my life when I wonder WHERE are the saints. After 72 years on my journey I now realize I should have paid more attention to them. A few things I have learned about saints. Sainthood is not about age. We sometimes are fooled into thinking that sainthood is about wrinkles and weak eyes, but not so. The truth is, saints come in all ages and sizes. Wisdom doesn’t always come from the educated. Our world has turned to education and look where it has brought us. We all know smart people can do dumb things. More do dads and gizmos, and I enjoy many of them, but looking back I now know that Sainthood has more to offer than a new invention. Sainthood is about true spirituality, it is about relationship with God. Sainthood is about eternal values, things which last. It is about love and forgiveness, compassion for the hurting. It lives by “whoever would be the greatest among you let him be the servant of all.” Oh Lord! Give us more saints. Jfs

Mr 9:35 And He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, "If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all."
(NKJV)

2 comments:

  1. The declaration of a true saint? "I belong to God alone!" Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not want to self-identify as a 'saint,' but I hope my life would cause others to so see Jesus in me that they would say so about me.

    ReplyDelete