The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Saturday, June 12, 2010

God's Song

I just returned from Palcon at Eastern Nazarene College where I taught a class on redefining success. I pray that God used me to encourage pastors as I was greatly encouraged myself. God has His way of touching our lives through His people. I got to spend time with some of my dear friends and shared a room with one of them, Rev. Kerry Willis. What a joy to be with the people of God--reminds me that heaven will be a celebration like the universe has never known.
I live my life looking for seeds of truth which will help me on my journey. Kerry dropped a seed in my heart that I plan on watering and nurturing. For years Mary has awakened every morning with a song in her heart. I often ask her what her song is for today and she never has to think about it, she just starts singing it. I must admit I seldom hear a song in the morning, but an experience a couple of weeks ago has made me rethink the issue. In a time of prayer the Lord sang to me. It has never happen before, but oh how it touched my heart. Then the Lord confirmed it all through my friend Kerry. He took me to Zep 3:17 “The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." jfs

1 comment:

  1. Humbled, grateful, and singing along with my God over your life -- my mentor, my brother, my friend. To God be all the gratitude.

    ReplyDelete