The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Living Bible

Have you read from the living bible lately? Oh I know, some don’t believe in reading any other bible but the JKV. Two verses from the writing of Paul got my attention today. He writes about what may be the most important translation of all. I call it the life translation. It is the one translation people read when they don’t know they are reading. It is not confined to a drawer in a motel room. It is not bound in leather. It is not a red letter edition. It can’t be banned from a public building or a secular school. It can look very ordinary or it can be beautiful. I read this bible before I could read and it greatly impacted my life. You too have been influenced by this bible. Just listen to what Paul says, You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men; clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart. 2Co 3:2-3. An “epistle of Christ,” now that is something to think about. When people read from my life, I pray they are drawn to Jesus. jfs

2 comments: