The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Titus Ministry

Nevertheless God, who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus, and not only by his coming, but also by the consolation with which he was comforted in you, when he told us of your earnest desire, your mourning, your zeal for me, so that I rejoiced even more. 2Co 7:6

God is in the comforting business. He knows life sometimes turns on us like a mad dog, and we need spiritual band aids, someone to hold our hand. There is noting like hearing from God in the time of trouble. Like a wounded sheep, I often find myself praying Baa, Baa to the Great Shepherd. The above verse has taught me much about the way the Shepherd comforts His hurting sheep. He reaches through Titus. That can be anyone who hears the call of the Great Shepherd and is willing to go into the Titus Ministry. I have received two Titus calls in the last couple of days, one from my friend Dr. Phil Fuller and the other from Kerry Willis, a brother who knows my heart like no other. What a blessing to be comforted by God through His servants. My prayer is that I will be a Titus to others who need the comfort of God. Join me as we keep the Titus ministry alive. jfs

3 comments:

  1. As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another. I'm a little dull-feeling today but your post gave my life a point. I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not have words to tell you how much I believe in you and appreciate you. You are a Titus. jfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful words Pastor! I experienced this first hand last night - many, many Titus ministers deep after Abba's heart concerning one of His little wayward ones. HalleluYAH!

    ReplyDelete