The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Duty

It stormed yesterday at my house. I sat inside in the dry and thought of the female cardinal in a bush in my front yard sitting on her nest protecting her eggs. It is only natural to want to find shelter from the storms of life, but there are times when duty calls us to stay put, there are some things more important than our comfort. Until we find something beyond ourselves to live for, life is disappointing and empty.
Jesus said, "For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it. Mr 8:35
jfs

2 comments:

  1. Good thought. I hate it when I go running for shelter but God says "No, hunker down and tough it out. The storm will be over soon enough."

    Mark

    ReplyDelete