The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Friday, July 26, 2013

"BEING"


Much of the time our failure as a Christian is the failure of “being” not “doing.”  If you are like me when you ask yourself, “How can I be a better Christian,” you think of,  “What do I need to do?” I guess it is natural that when we think of growing as a Christian we think of having to do more, strive harder, add new things to our to do list.  For me this never works.  I always find myself in the trap of busy-ness.  If you think the path to spirituality is work, work, work, then you need to hear the words of Jesus, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  Matthew 11:28-29 (NKJV)  When we try to “do” in order to “be” we can never “do” enough.  When we focus on “being” the “doing” comes natural.  Heavy loads and galling yokes never come from Jesus. These heavy loads are often put on us by well-meaning people who want us to do more so we will be successful in their eyes and they often use a worldly definition of success.  So what do I have to do to be a better Christian?  Work harder? NO, Learn to Listen and Obey.  Jesus knows you were not made for heavy loads.  Just focus on “being” and in “being” you will “do” the right things.  Relax, stop letting the opinions of others plot the course of your life.  It is your life and they won’t be there when you stand before the Father.  Learn to live within the bounds of your creation.  Superman and superwoman are deceptions, stop trying to fly and walk with the Prince of Peace. jfs

1 comment: