The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

WORDS

1 Thessalonians 4:18  says, "Therefore comfort one another with these words."

What kind of words does it take to comfort you?  Oh the power of words, choose them carefully, once spoken they can never be erased. Their power can last a lifetime, they can become an emotional prison, a fence keeping us from freedom, barbed wire of the soul entangleing us in lies spoken without thought.  Words can lift, give hope, encourage and give us a reason to hold on.  Your tongue has great power, use it for good. jfs

 "He who would love life and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips from speaking deceit."  1 Peter 3:10

1 comment:

  1. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing Lord to you and encouraging to others. Speak to me and through me, Lord, I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete