The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Monday, July 11, 2011

Mirrors

Mirrors!!! who needs them?  I think sombody has played a trick on Mary and me.  They have slipped in our house and replaced our regular mirrors with those crazy ones you would find in a side show.  What I am seeing when I get out of the shower can't be true!  It looks more like an albino gorilla than a person.  Now loosing your eyesite as you get older makes more sense.  You don't need to see what is in the mirror, it will frighten you.  I am fighting back by talking back to those crazy reflections.  Saying things like,  there is a little boy in there somewhere if I can just get him out we can still have some fun.  The scripture says it is what is on the inside that counts and I am counting on that truth.  Oh,  I have learned one way of dealing with the crazy mirror is just don't wipe the fog off of it when you get out of the shower.  You don't need to see all those wrinkles and bumps and brown spots.  Better to go take a look at a picture made a couple of decades ago.
One more thing, there is one mirror that can bring more pain than the one in your bathroom.  It is the mirror the Lord holds before you when you have messed up.  Thank God, you can clear that one up with a repentant heart.
"You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free."  Jesus

2 comments:

  1. Do I laugh? Do I cry? Laughing at your all too real humor. Crying at the love my Lord has for the repentant heart. Thanks for bringing up both emotions in me today!

    ReplyDelete