The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Is it worth it?

Recently on the way to a Church service I asked Mary if all the travel and the weariness of the journey was worth it. I love home, my yard, birds, sitting on my deck with a cup of coffee. I have moments when I wonder if it is all for nothing - then I remember that Jesus left His Home and came to our yard. I wonder as He walked the dusty streets of Jerusalem if He ever questioned if it was worth it? When I arrived a few minutes early for the Church service a dear sister told me how much the service the day before had blessed and changed her life. It was the answer I was looking for; I told her if she was the only person there I would have come just for her. My heart says if Jesus would die for one I should be willing to live for one. I pray the Master will lead me to one on our next trip. Pray for us. It is not always easy to get seventy-one years moving. jfs
P.S. Jesus didn't reach for crowds, He reached for ones.

4 comments:

  1. I have my days when I feel much older than I really am , I can understand the moving part very well , especially when I over do it the day before .. Its always worth it , we dont always know why till much later sometimes who may be touched by our actions ... one of pk's men ( Creig )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't retire yet! I'm still wanting to get you here. All in God's timing. If you are around Charlotte give us a call. Love and miss you and Mary...pp

    ReplyDelete
  3. No plan to retire. Thanks for your comments. jfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure "it's" always worth it, but I know "HE'S" always worth it all!

    ReplyDelete