The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"I"

Friends came by to visit last evening. The fellowship was good and the conversation was interesting. Somewhere in the conversation spiritual issues surfaced and a comment was made about prayer that is so true I thought I would share it with you. “’I’ gets in the way of prayer.” I am guilty, too much prayer for me and not enough praying for others. Oh Lord, today bless and keep all my friends, fill them with hope, give them peace and help us take some of the “I” out of our prayers. Jfs

Jas 5:16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
(NKJV)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sheep food. Interesting how intercession begins with "i". "i" want to pray for others as I would for myself. As Jesus reminded us: "Love others AS you love yourself."

    ReplyDelete