The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wasted Tears

It is a story of what could have been. “So all the congregation lifted up their voices and cried, and the people wept that night.” Numbers 14:1 They were in a moment of decision on the verge of taking the land God had given them but the twelve men doing surveillance had returned with a report and the people didn’t like what they heard and what they saw. It was a land of plenty but there were giants in the land. Only two of the twelve were willing to act on the promise of God and no one was willing to listen to them. They let their feelings and emotions take over so they cried. It is still the big problem all of us face. Do we live by the promises of God or what we see and hear? I confess I am guilty. Looking back on my life there were times when I cried when I should have been laughing. Let us all look the giants of our lives in the face and live by the promises of the Kingdom of which there will be no end. jfs

1 comment:

  1. Lord, remind me that trusting You is easy because You're so trustworthy.

    ReplyDelete