The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

His Strength

A line in Psalm 86 caught my attention this morning, “give your strength to your servant” What a blessing to know that His Strength is available to us. Often we sail into storms too big for our sails. Rowing against the current drains us of all our strength. Our work on earth must be powered by heaven’s strength. What a joy to know that we have access to our Fathers strength. His strength is more than enough. As a boy I was always aware of my dad’s strength. I saw him lift things that were impossible for me. So I learned a great lesson, when you need more strength, just call on Daddy. Oh Lord, we look to you for strength to be all you want us to be, to live our lives in ways which bring glory to You. Amen! Jfs

3 comments:

  1. Also, the songwriter said: "His strength is perfect when our strength is gone."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad,

    I have fond memories of working at the shop with your dad. Even when I was a teenager and he was getting older, I remember he could lift a big old chunk of steel and just plod along through the shop until he got it where he needed it to be. He had strength in more ways than one.

    ReplyDelete