The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Running Out of Gas

When I was a boy our one and only old car had a leak in the gas tank. My dad used soap to stop it temporarily, but rough gravel roads made it a short lived fix. He patched it over and over. I just repaired a lawn mower tire I have been putting air in for two years. What I have learned about life is when you repair something, something else will break. No matter what I do I can’t get everything working at the same time. The more you have the more you have to patch. I am not complaining, I am a blessed man, but I don’t like living with “what next?” Makes me smile when I think of Heaven where nothing will ever wear out. No repair shops repairing those crazy weed eaters that won’t start because you left last year’s gas in it. No washing machines, I wonder if we will wear the same robes all the time? Come to think of it, a real Church is a kind of repair shop where broken hearts can be mended, where confused lives can find new purpose. Church is not a place it is a people who share each others burdens as we make our journey toward Home. “It will be worth it all when we see Jesus.”

Heb 10:35 Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Brother James. Indeed, it will be worth it all when we see Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, one of my favorite songs is "When We See Christ". I'll be singing it all day today and just because of your sheep food. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete