The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Weight


There are weights measured in pounds, 20,30, etc, and we lift them with little thought, but there are weights measured only by sad faces and troubled minds, weights picked up along life’s journey, some of our choosing and some put on us by others.  Airplanes can crash because they are overloaded, and people can too.  Truth is, we were not made for heavy loads we break under the stress.  Jesus answer for the heavy load problem is an invitation to all of us.
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."  Mt 11:28-30.

 Yoked to Jesus, now that is weight I can live with.  jfs

1 comment: