The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Religious Eyes


The word religious becomes less and less appealing to me.  It is such an obese term.  It includes every kind of weird belief one can imagine.  My prayer this morning when I rolled out of bed was, Lord, help me not to see you through religious eyes.  Religious eyes are eyes which often define God in weird ways, making Him distant, aloof and cold. Religion can give God a bad reputation because religion is about God from man’s perspective. Jesus doesn’t invite us to religion but to relationship.  Mary and I have relationship not religion.  Today I have His forgiveness but I need more than forgiveness. I need a friend. I need someone to enjoy the birds with me, someone to walk with me on my path in the woods, someone who cares about butterflies and bumble bees, creeks and roses, crickets and lizards and I have found that relationship in Jesus.  Got Religion, NO, got Relationship, YES. To Him be all glory and praise.  Jfs

“Follow Me”  Jesus

1 comment: