The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

John 11


The story of the resurrection of Lazarus is one of my favorites.  I like it because I see myself in it.  At some point in my life I have been most of the characters in the story.  I was dead in trespasses and sins and raised to new life by Jesus--Lazarus.  I have been disappointed that my prayers were not answered the way I expected--Mary and Martha. At times I have misunderstood what I heard my Lord say--the disciples.  I have wept when it was a waste of tears--Mary.  We are all in this chapter somewhere and the best part is so is Jesus.  Jesus is in your story too, and He probably weeps at times when you and I don’t understand how much He loves us.  He wants you to know that He cares and has a plan for your life.  Don’t plot your own life’s course and ask Him to bless it, let Him plot it and He will bless it.

Joh 11:35 “Jesus wept.”

2 comments: