The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Slow Down

I am often annoyed by traffic lights that hold too long.  I watch with intensity for the green to light up so I can get going and then am aggravated because the person in front of me is not paying attention.  Sitting on my deck this morning I am reminded of how often we live in a hurry, always trying to move on to the next task.  Our world is in sharp contrast to the world of Jesus day--no phones, no cars, no computers, come to think about it, I don’t know that Jesus ever got in a hurry about anything.  Some of us live life just trying to get there, wherever there is.  When that happens we miss so many of life’s lessons and blessings.  When the people around you are living in the fast lane it is easy to get caught up in life’s traffic and go along with the crowd.  Let them go on, slow down, take time to listen to His Voice, take time to see His beautiful creation and know that the world doesn’t need another Savior, we already have one. jfs

Ex 5:13 And the taskmasters forced them to hurry, saying, "Fulfill your work, your daily quota, as when there was straw."

Isa 40:31 But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

2 comments:

  1. I think the morning on my front porch was alot like your morning on your back deck. Thanks for the affirmation. You are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, the "taskmasters" get the best of me sometime!

    ReplyDelete