The Journey Home

The Journey Home
Jesus is the Way Home

Followers

Friday, November 12, 2010

Church????

If Church is a place instead of a people then marriage must be a house instead of a relationship. jfs

1Pe 2:5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
Eph 2:19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone,
21 in whom the whole building, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord,
22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.
(NKJV)

4 comments:

  1. People who say they don't need to go to worship with Christ's body don't have a clue as to how important the Church is. Walking with Christ means living in a right relationship with His Church. We need more than the Head we need each other. It is His body which makes the place special. jfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. And while I know the building is not the church, the Lord sure has met me and moved my soul closer to Himself inside church buildings. I remember seeing my granddad walk the church aisle at age 61 to receive Christ. When that building burned a few years ago, I wept. It represented the house where our church family gathered together to become the body of Christ first to each ither and then to our world. In 1980 my new bride and I found the Lord or He found us at a church building address -- 622 Roosevelt Street. Yep, I like both and I've needed both. Thanks for the good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I enter the church; a building built with lifeless bricks, mortar, wood and glass, I sense something within me, calling me, inviting me, challenging me, encouraging me... I can't seem to explain it in words but it's real to me. I just sit quietly somedays on the empty pew and listen as I stare at the empty cross. I never feel alone in God's house because God lives within me (God's house).

    ReplyDelete